Monday, September 10, 2012

Ride like the wind.

Today starts the beginning of a new phase of a  project I've been working on for some time now, one that is finally taking shape. I have finally erected the first of three wind towers constructed completely out of old bike parts, or objects that would otherwise end up in a land fill (or Kip's garage) that I will be using to harness the power of the wind, hopefully by next year, to use on our property in some way, shape, or form.  I was inspired by the artists of Sculpt-cycle in Montpelier a few years ago who constructed wind mills at the rotary on Main St. that I drive by every day. Slowly but surely I will be building and writing about the process as it moves along.Wind power and the towers we see high on some of the ridgelines here in Vermont have been a very touchy subject the last few years.  Through this art/energy project I'm hoping to learn more about how we as a culture view renewable energy sources visually and economically in our state and in our backyard.

Well, here goes nothing!

Or something?!!

We'll see.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment