|A fall view from the CVT in Groton State Forest.|
Being in Washington County, we frequent the portions of the trail that connect Plainfield and Marshfield. This is a particularly beautiful section, especially through Groton State Forest.
|The CVT entering Groton State Forest.|
Here are some ways to take advantage of the CVT on your bike:
- Bike to school (Twinfield School students, for example, can access the school by trail from Marshfield or Plainfield)
- Incorporate the CVT into a loop, like I did today or last fall
- Ride from Plainfield Park & Ride out to Groton State Forest and back
- Ride the Central Vermont Cycling Tour June 22 with easy, moderate, and advanced options
- Support the Keystone Project, which is the completion of a critical section of trail that gets trail users off of Route 2, by contacting your local representatives in favor of providing transportation funds to the project
A bridge crossing Nasmith Brook in Marshfield. The CVT between Plainfield and Groton is double track with an easy 1-3% grade. A fall view of Marshfield Mountain from the CVT in Groton State Forest. The trail east from Nasmith Brook Road in Marshfield.