Tuesday, January 19, 2010

True happiness is


So I was thinking what exactly makes people happy? Is it all the same for everyone? Is there one single thing wer'e all looking for and when we finally find it, does it just make sense and we become complacent? Or is it completley personal and unique to everysingle person? I think to many times we doubt how and what we feel true happiness is. Is life really working to much?, suffer, get a college degree, suffer more, figure out how to make a lot of money? start a family? I'll be honest, I never ever thought of these things at a younger age. I guess you could say I was pretty naive? I hated school struggled my way through it and never really bought into what everyone else around me felt wich was get ready to grow up its gonna hurt! Yes I did go to a private college on a scholarship and yes I pissed it down the drain about six months later. But by then I was simply lost and tired of listening and following what everyone around me told me I " should" be doing with my life and blindly agreeing. All the while having no clue as what I really wanted to do. So where am I today? We'll alot has happened since I awkwardly graduated high school and dropped out of college. I would be the first to admit that life is trial and error. One cannot simply bat a thousand and be lead along through thier life. It took me awhile to figure out who I really was, and where I wanted to be. Who I wanted to share it with and how I felt life should really be lived. I now find myself with one extrodinary woman, a dog who has always know how to live life from the very beggining and a place here in the Green mountains that I share with a group of amazing people who I think share the same feelings about life I do. I know I love the mountains, people, good food, that life is not about how much money you make but how you earn it. If I look at my life right now I am by far the richest person I know. I live in the best little east coast ski town where I can boot my way up to Hubbard park and make turns after work. I ski everyday, ride my bike, walk to work, conspire at work with amazing people, sew christmas stockings; who knew? I know I like to walk long distances not knowing excactly where I'll end up. I happened to meet an amazing group of people along the way that I consider family and in one way or another I think about quite often and we all stay in touch. Point is life will never just tell you who you are but it sure will help you figure out who you can be as long you find yourself doing the driving, or in my case walking, skiing or riding. So heres to us, may we all have the confidence and courage to follow our feelings and aspirations. Sure life is tough but deep down we all know it should be full of happiness and love as well. I hope you all may find or have found that happiness. I know I have.


Tristan

No comments:

Post a Comment